ADMISSION – B.SC. IN HOSPITALITY STUDIES AND B.A. IN CULINARY ARTS
- APPLICATION AND DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
No application shall be considered for the admission unless it is accompanied with the attested copies of the following documents:
- Statement of marks of the qualifying examination H.S.C. (Std. XII) or equivalent examination (for all candidates).
- School / College Leaving Certificate (after qualifying examination, for all candidates).
- Statement of Marks of the S. S. C. (Std. X) & passing Certificate.
- Caste Certificate (if the candidate belongs to reserved category).
- Documents required for sons and daughters of Defence Service Personnel
- Gap Certificate in case of gap in Studies.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Migration Certificate in case of students coming from other Board / College.
- No Objection Certificate for students coming from other College
- Aadhar card.
- ATTESTATION OF CERTIFICATES
Copies of certificate attached to the application form should be attested by the Principal of the School / Institute or a Gazette Officer or Special Executive Magistrate or self-attested documents are also acceptable. Original Certificates required to be submitted at the time of scrutiny of application prior to admission.
- APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED UNLESS IT IS
- Properly and correctly filled in.
- Accompanied by attested copies of the required certificates in support of the claims made in the application.
- Received in the office on or before the last date & time prescribed. Else it will not be entertained under any circumstances
- A candidate for being eligible for admission to the Degree Course Bachelor of Science (Hospitality Studies) shall have passed XII Standard Examination in any discipline/ stream of any state Board for Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent from India or abroad and secured not less than 45% marks in aggregate. (44.5% to 44.99% may be rounded of to 45%). In case of Reserved Category 40% marks in aggregate. ( 39.5% to 39.99% may be rounded off to 40%).
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit in Written Examination, Group discussion and Personal Interview conducted by the college.
- PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION
The admission centre will intimate candidates regarding the respective stages of admission by posting the schedules at its premises.
After following the procedure mentioned above, a final list of successful applicants shall be displayed.
- 50% seats are reserved for the linguistics minority students from the state of Karnataka
- Reservations as prescribed and amended by the Government of Maharashtra from time tom time applicable
Annual tuition and other fees (uniform, books toolkit, study tour etc) as prescribed by the Institute have to be paid by the student by the stipulated dates
- CANDIDATE APPLYING IN OTHER INSTITUTES
If a candidate has applied simultaneously for admission to other institutes, this fact must be stated in the application form for being considered for refund of fee deposit if any.
- PROVISIONAL AND CONFIRMED ADMISSIONS
Provisional admission shall be offered only after payment of fees and confirmed only after verification of certificates by the competent authorities.
- TRANSFER OF STUDENT
- A candidate once admitted to the first year or semester of a program shall not be transferred during the same year or semester to any other institution.
- The rule for transfer of candidates shall be applicable between unaided institutions, provided both institutions agree, in writing (No Objection Certificate), to such transfer. Such transfer must also be approved by the concerned University or Board and its Examination Authority.
- CANCELLATION OF ADMISSION:
- If an admitted candidate cancels the admission by submitting an application in writing, for any reason, whatsoever, including getting admission in any other institution or program other that those which are within the admission purview of the concerned Admission Officer, he/ she shall forfeit his candidature for reconsideration unless provided under the Rules.
- If during the course of studies, a candidate desires to discontinue his/ her studies for any reason whatsoever, he/ she shall be allowed to do so by submitting an application in writing. He/ she shall be issued a Transfer certificate.
- RULES REGARDING REFUND OF FEES:
Rules regarding refund will be as per the Refund Policy of University of Mumbai.